Introduction and benefits
In the Biology department, we aim to:
- Stimulate an interest in and enjoyment of Biology.
- To foster an understanding of the importance of Biology in the modern world.
- To encourage the development of practical and analytical skills through regular, relevant practical work.
Key Stage 4
- Cell biology
- Infection and response
- Homeostasis and response
- Inheritance, variation and evolution
- All students will be given a login for the online text book on Kerboodle, which covers all courses.
- Further course details and past papers can be found on Moodle and on the aqa website – Click the links for ‘Science A’ or Additional Science for students studying these courses.
- BBC Bitesize has useful revision for Units 1, 2 and 3 of the course.
- A more challenging but also helpful revision website is docbrown.info
- Miss C L Shipton, Head of Biology
- Mrs K Campbell, Teacher
- Mrs S Charnaud, Teacher (Maternity Leave)
- Ms S Dukes, Teacher
- Ms R Lee, Teacher
- Ms M Potts, Teacher (Maternity Leave)