Introduction and benefits
In the chemistry department, we aim to:
- Stimulate an interest in and enjoyment of chemistry.
- To foster an understanding of the importance of chemistry in the modern world.
- To encourage the development of practical and analytical skills through regular, relevant practical work.
Key Stage 4
- Atomic Structure and Periodic Table
- Bonding and Structure
- Quantitative Chemistry
- Chemical Changes
- Energy Changes
- Rate and Extent of Chemical Change
- Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Analysis
- Chemistry of the Atmosphere
- Using Resources
- All students will be given a login for the online text book on kerboodle, which covers all courses.
- Further course details and past papers can be found on Moodle and on the aqa website – Click the links for ‘Combined Science Trilogy’ or Chemistry for students studying these courses.
- BBC bitesize has useful revision for units 1 and 2 of the course.
- A more challenging but also helpful revision website is www.docbrown.info
Our students say:
On making polymer slime: ‘This is the best experiment ever!’
‘I like the experiments’
- Mrs L Brittain, Head of Chemistry
- Ms S Dukes, Teacher
- Ms M Potts, Teacher (Maternity Leave)
- Ms S Siddique, Teacher
- Mrs S Tew, Teacher
- Miss S Hargreaves, Teacher
- Mrs A Terry, Teacher