Young Carers Support
At Colston’s Girls’ School we are aware that some of our pupils are young carers and that they may need extra support to maximise their academic and emotional potential.
Therefore, we currently provide the following services for young carers:
- Use of the computer room at lunchtime every Wednesday
- Trips with the rest of the young carers on the scheme
- Drop in sessions to talk through any issues on a Thursday morning during registration
- Ability to use the school phone at lunch time
- Mentoring with an older student, if needed
- Ensuring that staff are aware of young carers in their class and that they support them appropriately
You might also find the following websites useful:
If you wish to find out more, please contact Rachael Jones, the Young Carers Lead on:
Phone – 0117 942 4328
Young Carers Information
BBC Documentary: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programme
Young Carers Awareness Day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?